So, I’ve had this idea for a butterfly kicking around in my head for a while, but I’m having trouble translating it. I started with a really simple ring-on-ring idea. It was cute, but still really small and I wanted something with more heft. Then I tried another idea, but it looked more like a dragonfly than a butterfly. lol
So I decided to take some basic motifs and start working out the wings. I had a diagram in that I was working from, but diagrams sometimes need to change. Plus, I only had a vague idea of my stitch counts. This one isn’t bad, but there are some things I would definitely change. I like the size, not too big, but I wondered what it would look like just a little bigger.
This was my second try. I added stitches all over the place, but then I tried something different on where the chains were joined on what will be the body side. I like it, but I’m not in love with it.
So, I tried it a third time. This one is better in many ways, much closer to my vision, and yet, still not quite there. Again. I tried something different with the top of the wing. I like it, but I still need to tweak this before I will be happy.
So, here is the group with the basic diagram. You can sort of see where I started and where I’m headed with the butterfly.